The Harvard College Office of BGLTQ Student life is committed to providing undergraduate interns with opportunities for leadership development in pursuit of two important goals: To build community among BGLTQ-identified students and allies, and to collaborate with diverse groups across the Harvard campus.
In pursuit of these goals, the Office of BGLTQ Student Life holds an annual student leadership retreat for undergraduate interns. The retreat has the following objectives for participants:
- To build community and intentional connections among campus diversity leaders at Harvard College
- To develop a shared vision of diversity and inclusion at Harvard College
- To identify personal and professional identities and analyze how these identities inform the work of student leaders at Harvard College
Past Student leadership retreats have included:
- A weekend-long trip to Provincetown, MA with members of the Harvard College Queer Advisory Council (QuAC) [Fall 2013]
- A day-long trip to Outward Bound at Thompson Island with interns at the Harvard College Women's Center and Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations [Fall 2014]
More information on next year's retreat will be available in Fall 2015.