Who can I talk to if I feel I have been harassed or discriminated against based on gender identity and/or sexuality? What are my rights?

"Any form of discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran status, or disability unrelated to course requirements is contrary to the principles and policies of Harvard University." (Harvard College Student Handbook) 

As a first year, the first person you can turn to is your proctor. If you do not feel comfortable speaking to your proctor, you can contact the BGLTQ proctor for the Yard (search here for their contact information). Students in the Houses should turn to their resident deans and/ or their SASH (Sexual Assault/Sexual Harassment) tutors which can be found here. Sergeant Kevin Bryant of the Harvard University Police Department is also an important ally if you feel that your safety is in jeopardy. After speaking to any of the advisors mentioned before, you can continue to pursue the matter through informal mediation and conflict resolution, or through filing a formal complaint and involving the administrative board, depending on the circumstance. In most cases, the advisor will maintain confidentiality unless you give consent for the third party to be involved. Please know that the Office of BGLTQ Student Life is also a resource in situations where you may feel threatened or discriminated against, and the staff there will be able to either point you toward the proper resources or help you through the process. 

See also: Safety