How can I use my chosen name on my degree? How about my Harvard ID?

You may update your chosen name at any time on my.harvard by clicking on the pencil next to your name in the personal information tab. 

At this time only the official name can appear on the HUID card. However your official name can be derivative of your legal name (e.g. initials as opposed to the full name). Contact the Registrar's Office for this option. The reason that Harvard Campus Services requires legal name is because they need to verify a student's legal identity when issuing a Harvard ID card and the name has to match your government-issued identification. If you have concerns about this from a gender identity perspective please contact either Mike Burke, Registrar, or Maggie Welsh, Associate Registrar, to discuss options.

See also: Transgender